30 August, 2011

Pro Blogging

I have been toying around with making this blog part of the foundation supporting my material needs and desires, and I have come to the conclusion that it probably will not.

I'm going to thank the guy who wrote this, because he helped clarify my thinking on the topic. First I came to a blog post from two years ago, of course. I was googling Amazon Associates, because I thought it was the system for publishing your own work on Amazon, which I was looking up for a friend.

(It isn't. That is create space dot com, and maybe five or six others, I don't know how exclusive Amazon is with their plan to help themselves and help us help each other. I haven't done the research.)

And the essence of my thinking on the topic, is that I don't care if anybody is in a buying mood.

I have my own buying moods, and I either succumb joyfully, or resist stoically, or ethically, if I must. But this blog? My soapbox for stuff I have to get off my chest or otherwise can not shut up about?

It is for me first. And I am not usually in a buying mood.

And I really don't care if you, my dear friends, are also in a buying mood. I love it when you tell me about great stuff, and I love telling people about great stuff.

But material stuff is not as great as the best stuff.

Which I love more than anything. And so, my friends, do you.

He does make a great point about guest bloggers. I am not rubbing my paws together in anticipation of the fantastic readers/revenue stream they will drive to my site. But I would totally appreciate anybody who is interested about the things that I write about, agree or disagree, the opportunity to showcase some of those ideas here on my blog, instead of where ever you usually do. I'd be happy to return the favor!

Heck, write about anything you want to, that's what I'm going to be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment