27 August, 2011

Sleepless in Seattle and Thor

Sleepless in Seattle is a fine movie, with one of my favorite soundtracks, and I have loved it for a long time.

It came out in 1993, and it gave me existential angst. I was dating a fine guy at the time, my first boyfriend, and was, much like I am now, fairly immature.

And after we broke up, but before he moved out, I listened to this soundtrack over and over again, which I freely acknowledge was kind of an odd choice.

I had fallen in love with 'love'.

This movie gave me confusing ideas about 'magic', a special and mutually reflected connection much more compelling than love.

Which I don't mind, because except for the mutually reflected part, I have HAD magic. Since then, back then, here and there over the years. And not really often enough with that first boyfriend, though I did love him.

But maybe, just maybe, with a stranger in a theater about two months ago. Which was weird!

I went to see Thor by myself, and sat down at an aisle seat. And there was a one seat gap, and then two guys sitting together.

And after the lights went down a third guy came and j

and just then my beautiful blog post was eaten by a tragic miscommunication between me and blogger.com.

I will probably get around to finishing it, again, someday. But I cannot face it now, because life is so hard, and I love a little melodrama.

But just so I don't leave you hanging, the upshot is that this magic thing is fascinating, and I do not know enough about it, but I am totally willing to do the necessary research. Just not, you know, with Paul Bettany, though he is totally cupcake worthy.

If you know what I mean. :)

2 comments:

  1. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
    you left me hanging, darling. I MUST know this story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @5hundredproject I KNOW! long story short, never saw the guy but he made me feel weird in a way I am not familiar with, and I thought I knew it all! May never find out more! if I don't get around to posting it later, remind me.

    ReplyDelete